Vinyl or PVC fences are rising in popularity. Is it for you? We list off some pros and cons of PVC / Vinyl fences for you. Before diving into the pros and cons of PVC/Vinyl fencing, we highly suggest you read our What is PVC fencing? post.
Pros of PVC Fences
- Modern, sleek, and beautiful. Vinyl fencing is a beautiful choice to fit in any time of house. It has a blend of modern features but also the feel of classic characteristics.
- The many designs and colors options PVC / Vinyl fences can create endless choices. PVC fencing can match any home and any style.
- Easy matching of PVC gates with your vinyl fencing. We know security is a big plus, PVC gates are just as flexible in options as PVC fencing.
- Vinyl fencing has a longer lifetime than many wood fences which can fade, crack, and rot. This means you will be worry free for a long time.
- Vinyl fencing is easy to clean and requires almost no maintenance. Check out our How to Maintain PVC fencing: 4 Easy Steps post for amazing some amazing tips and tricks.
- Many manufacturers have lifetime replacement for their vinyl fencing in the case of cracking, fading, or other types of natural damage. Check out our warranties.
Cons of PVC Fences
- The cost of vinyl fencing is much higher than the materials used to create a fence out of wood, rock, wire, or cement. Contact us today to see how much each fence material costs.
- Vinyl fences do not have a long lifetime in very sunny climates because too much exposure to sunlight can cause them to crack and crumble. In Ottawa, winter dominates, therefore this would not be as much as a problem. For Winter maintenance, check out our post on Winter Fence Maintenance – Wood, PVC, Iron and Chain link.
- If a vinyl fence becomes damaged, it can be tricky to repair, depending on the fence style and manufacturing company.
- Vinyl fences are not good for temporary use, due to the posts and concrete. They cannot be moved after they are installed.
For more information, we explained the 5 Benefits of a PVC Fence in Ottawa. We know that you might want to explore some other fence material therefore we have a post on How to choose the right fence material | Wood vs Iron vs PVC vs Chain-link.
Still have questions, contact us today.